Table of contents for Did the Greeks believe in their myths? : an essay on the constitutive imagination / Paul Veyne ; translated by Paula Wissing.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. When Historical Truth Was Tradition and Vulgate
2. The Plurality and Analogy of True Words
3. The Social Distribution of Knowledge and the Modalities of Belief
4. Social Diversity of Beliefs and Mental Balkanization
5. Behind This Sociology an Implicit Program of Truth
6. Restoring Etiological Truth to Myth
7. Myth and Rhetorical Truth
8. Pausanias Entrapped
9. Forger's Truth, Philologist's Truth
10. The Need to Choose between Culture and Belief in a Truth
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: