Table of contents for Inflation, exchange rates, and the world economy : lectures on international monetary economics / W. M. Corden.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Balance-of-Payments Theory: Old and New
1. A Model of Balance-of-Payments Policy
Appendix: Absorption and switching for internal and external balance
2. Wage Rigidity, Income Distribution, and Balance-of-Payments Policy
3. Money, the Monetary Approach, Capital Movements, and Portfolio Balance
Inflation and Exchange Rates
4. Inflation and the Exchange-Rate System: A Symmetrical Approach
Appendix: Inflation under fixed and flexible rates
5. Inflation and the Exchange-Rate System: Some Asymmetries
6. The Reserve-Currency Role and the Export of Inflation by the United States
International Adjustment to the Oil-Price Rise
7. The Adjustment to the Oil-Price Rise: Income Distribution, Inflation, and Unemployment
Appendix I. The welfare effects of the oil-price rise
Appendix II. The effects of the oil-price rise in the LM-IS diagram
8. The Adjustment to the Oil-Price Rise: Balances of Payments and Exchange-Rate Flexibility
9. Adjustment to the Oil-Price Rise: Three Interesting Issues
Monetary Integration in Europe
10. European Monetary Integration: The Main Issues
The World of Flexible Exchange Rates and Capital Mobility
11. The International Transmission of Disturbances
Appendix: Policy responses to a capital-market disturbance
12. The International Macro-System
13. Macro-Economic Policy Co-ordination
Index of Names
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Balance of payments.
Petroleum products -- Prices.
Money -- European Economic Community countries.
Foreign exchange rates -- European Economic Community countries.