Table of contents for The politics of school reform, 1870-1940 / Paul E. Peterson.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Part One - Forming Public Schools
1. The Pluralist Politics of Public Schools
2. Political Support for the Free School
3. The Politics of Curricular Change
4. The Politics of Resource Allocation
5. The Politics of Race and Equity
Part Two - Reforming Public Schools
6. Urban Reform without Class Conflict
7. Compromise Reform
8. Reform and the Professional Administrator
9. Finance and Reform: Issues of the Thirties
10. Reform and Expansion: Some Conclusions
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Education -- United States -- History.
Politics and education -- United States -- History.
Education, Urban -- United States -- History.
Education -- Social aspects -- United States -- History.