Table of contents for Landscape and western art / Malcolm Andrews.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Introduction: Land into Landscape
2. Landscape and Terza Natura
3. Subject or Setting? Landscape in C15 and C16 Painting
4. Topography and the Beau Ideal
5. Framing the View
6. The Sublime
7. Political Landscape
8. Nature as Picture or Process?
9. Landscape and the Art Gallery
Notes; List of Illustrations; Bibliographic Essay; Timeline; Index
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Landscape in art.
Landscape -- Philosophy.
Nature (Aesthetics) -- Philosophy.