Table of contents for The empowered self : law and society in the age of individualism / Thomas M. Franck.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Tribe, Nation, State: Traditional Forms of Imposed Identity
2. The Dreary Future of Imposed Identity: A World of 2,000 States
3. A Different Future: Individualism as Identity
4. Citizenship: An Instance of Identity as a Personal act of Self-Determination
5. Community Based on Personal Autonomy
6. Freedom of Conscience: A "Western" Value?
7. Constructing the Self: Name, Gender, Career and Privacy
8. The Individual as Emerging Rights-Holder
9. The Individual Against the Group
10. Personal Freedom, Personal Responsibility and Their Democratic Reconciliation
11. Summing Up
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: