Table of contents for Ludwig Boltzmann : the man who trusted atoms / Carlo Cercignani.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. A short biography of Ludwig Boltzmann
2. Physics before Boltzmann
3. Kinetic theory before Boltzmann
4. The Boltzmann equation
5. Time irreversibility and the H-theorem
6. Boltzmann's relation and the statistical interpretation of entropy
7. Boltzmann, Gibbs and equilibrium statistical mechanics
8. The problem of polyatomic molecules
9. Boltzmann's contributions to other branches of physics
11. Boltzmann and his contemporaries
12. The influence of Boltzmann's ideas on the science and technology of the twentieth century
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Boltzmann, Ludwig, -- 1844-1906.
Atomic structure -- History.
Physicists -- Austria -- Biography.