Table of contents for Early modern Europe : an Oxford history / edited by Euan Cameron.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
List of Contributors, List of Illustrations
Prologue: Europe and the World Around, Anthony R. D. Pagden
I: THE SIXTEENTH CENTURY c.1500-c.1618
1. The Conditions of Life for the Masses, Alison Rowlands
2. The Power of the Word: Renaissance and Reformation, Euan Cameron
3. War, Religion, and the State, Steven J. Gunn
II: THE SEVENTEENTH CENTURY c.1618-c.1715
4. Colonies, Enterprises, and Wealth: The Economies of Europe and the Wider World, R. A. Houston
5. Embattled Faiths: Religion and Natural Philosophy, Robin Briggs
6. Warfare, Crisis, and Absolutism, Jeremy Black
III: THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY c.1715-1789
7. A Widening Market in Consumer Goods, James C. Riley
8. The Enlightenment, Norman Hampson
9. Europe Turns East: Political Developments, H. M. Scott
Epilogue: The Old Order Transformed 1789-1815, T. C. W. Blanning
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Europe -- History -- 1492-1648.
Europe -- History -- 17th century.
Europe -- History -- 18th century.