Table of contents for Hurricanes of the North Atlantic : climate and society / James B. Elsner, A. Birol Kara.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Hurricane Characteristics
2. Hurricane Categories and Impacts
3. Hurricane Climate Data
4. North Atlantic Hurricanes
5. Tropical Only Hurricanes
6. Baroclinically Enhanced Hurricanes
7. Major Hurricanes
8. U.S. Hurricanes
9. Hurricanes of Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Bermuda
10. Hurricane Cycles and Trends
11. Hurricane Return Periods
12. Hurricanes of the Early 1990s
13. History of Seasonal Hurricane Forecasting
14. Seasonal Forecast Models
15. Sub Basin Forecast Models
16. Prospects for Extended Range Outlooks
17. People at Risk
18. Property at Risk
19. Catastrophe Insurance
20. Integrated Assessment
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Hurricanes -- North Atlantic Region.
Hurricanes -- United States.
Hurricanes -- Social aspects.