Table of contents for Heretics or daughters of Israel? : the crypto-Jewish women of Castile / Renee Levine Melammed.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: The Judaizing Heresy, the Inquistion and the Conversas
1. Jews and Conversas: The First Century of Crypto-Judaism
2. The Lives of Judaizing Women after 1492
3. Messianic Turmoil Circa 1500
4. Castilian Conversas at Work
5. The Lopez - Vilarreal Family: Three Convicted Judaizers (1516 - 1521)
6. The Lopez Women's Tachas
7. The Inquisition and the Midwife
8. The Judaizers of Alcazar at the end of the Sixteenth Century: "Corks Floating on Water"
Conclusion: Heretics or Daughters of Israel?
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Jews -- Spain -- Castile -- History.
Marranos -- Spain -- Castile -- History.
Jewish Christians -- Spain -- Castile -- History.
Inquisition -- Spain -- Castile -- History.
Jewish women -- Religious life -- Spain -- Castile.
Castile (Spain) -- Ethnic relations.