Table of contents for Historical perspectives on climate change / James Rodger Fleming.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Introduction: Apprehending climate change
1. Climate and culture in Enlightenment thought
2. The great climate debate in colonial and early America
3. Privilieged positions: The expansion of observing systems
4. Climate discourse transformed
5. Joseph Fourier's theory of terrestrial temperatures
6. John Tyndall, Svante Arrhenius, and early research on carbon dioxide and climate
7. T.C. Chamberlin and the geological agency of the atmosphere
8. The climate determinism of Ellsworth Huntington
9. Global Warming? The early twentieth century
10. Global cooling, global warming: Historical dimensions
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Climatic changes -- Europe -- History.
Climatic changes -- United States -- History.
Global environmental change -- History.