Table of contents for Flora of North America : north of Mexico / edited by Flora of North America Editorial Committee.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Foreword, Theodore M. Barkley
Introduction: History of the Flora of North America Project, Nancy R. Morin and Richard W. Spellenberg
PART I: Physical Setting
1. Climate and Physiography, Luc Brouillet and R. David Whetstone
2. Soils, Donald Steila
PART II: Vegetation and Climates of the Past
3. History of the Vegetation: Cretaceous (Maastrichtian) and Tertiary, Alan Graham
4. Paleoclimates, Paleovegetation, and Paleofloras during the Late Quaternary, Paul A. Delcourt and Hazel R. Delcourt
PART III: Contemporary Vegetation and Phytogeography
5. Vegetation, Michael Barbour and Norman Christensen
6. Phytogeography, Robert F. Thorne
PART IV: Humankind and the Flora
7. Taxonomic Botany and Floristics, James Reveal and James Pringle
8. Weeds, Ronald Stuckey and Theodore Barkley
9. Ethnobotany and Economic Botany, Charles B. Heiser Jr.
10. Plant Conservation, George Yatskievych and Richard Spellenberg
PART V: Classifications and Classification Systems
11. Concepts of Species and Genera, G. Ledyard Stebbins
12. Pteridophytes, Warren H. Wagner Jr. and Alan R. Smith
13. Gymnosperms, James Eckenwalder
14. A Commentary on the General System of Classification of Flowering Plants, Arthur Cronquist
15. Flowering Plant Families: An Overview, James Reveal
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Botany -- North America.
Botany -- United States.
Botany -- Canada.