Table of contents for Out of the crystal maze : chapters from the history of solid state physics / edited by Lillian Hoddeson ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. The Roots of Solid State Physics Before Quantum Mechanics, Michael Eckert et al.
2. The Development of the Quantum Mechanical Electron Theory of Metals, 1926-1933, Lillian Hoddeson, Gordon Baym and Michael Eckert
3. The Development of the Band Theory of Solids, 1933-1960, Paul Hoch
4. Point Defects and Ionic Crystals: Color Centers as the Key to Imperfections, Jurgen Teichmann and Kris Szymborski
5. Mechanical Properties of Solids, Ernst Braun
6. Magnetism, Stephen T. Keith and Pierre Quedec
7. Selected Topics from the History of Semiconductor Physics and Its Applications, Ernst Braun
8. Collective Phenomena, Lillian Hoddeson et al.
9. The Solid-State Community, Spencer Weart
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Solid state physics -- History.