Table of contents for The dynamic firm : the role of technology, strategy, organization and regions / edited by Alfred D. Chandler, Jr., Peter Hagstrom and Orjan Solvell.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Perspectives on Firm Dynamics, Peter HagstrD"om with Alfred D. Chandler, Jr.
Part I Technology in the Firm
2. Reinterpreting the Resource-Capability View of the Firm: A Case of the Development-Production Systems of the Japanese Auto Makers, Takahiro Fujimoto
3. Science, Technological Advance and Economic Growth, Richard Nelson and Nathan Rosenberg
4. "Sticky Information" and the Locus of Problem Solving: Implications for Innovation, Erik von Hipple
5. Localized Technological Change and the Evolution of Standards as Economic Institutions, Cristiano Antonelli
Part II Strategy/Organization
6. Learning How to Govern and Learning How to Solve Problems: On the Co-Evolution of Competences, Conflicts and Organizational Routines, Giovanni Dosi and Benjamin Coriat
7. Design Issues for Innovative Firms: Bureaucracy, Incentives, and Industrial Structure, David J. Teece
8. A Three-Dimensional Model of Changing Internal Structure in the Firm, Peter Hagstrom and Gunnar Hedlund
9. The Wide (and Increasing) Spread of Technological Competencies in the World's Largest Firms: A Challenge to Conventional Wisdom, Pari Patel and Keith Pavitt
10. A Theory of the Firm's Knowledge Creation Dynamics, Ikujiro Nonaka and Hirotaka Takeuchi
11. Dynamics of Overlapping Networks and Strategic Actions by the International Firm, Lars-Gunnar Mattsson
Part III Regions
12. The Globalization of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?, John Cantwell
13. Globalization, Technological Change and the Spatial Organization of Economic Activity, John H. Dunning
14. Regional Clusters and Firm Strategy, Michael Enright
15. Global Location Behavior and Organizational Dynamics of Japanese Electronics Firms and Their Impact on Regional Economies, Masahisa Fujita and Ryoichi Ishii
16. The Geographic Foundations of Industrial Performance, Allen J. Scott
17. International Diffusion of Knowledge-Isolating Mechanisms and the Role of the MNE, D"Orjan SD"olvell and Ivo Zander
18. The Geographies of Strategic Competence: Borrowing from Social and Educational Psychology to Sketch an Activity and Knowledge-Based Theory, J-C. Spender
19. The Role of Geography in the Process of Innovation and the Sustainable Competitive Advantage of Firms, Michael E. Porter and D"Orjan SD"olvell
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Business planning -- Congresses.
Organizational change -- Congresses.
Business enterprises -- Technological innovations -- Congresses.
Industrial organization -- Congresses.
Industrial location -- Congresses.