Table of contents for Knights, raiders, and targets : the impact of the hostile takeover / edited by John C. Coffee, Jr., Louis Lowenstein, Susan Rose-Ackerman.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
1. Hostile Takeovers and Junk Bond Financing: A Panel Discussion
CAPITAL MARKETS, EFFICIENCY, AND CORPORATE CONTROL
2. Corporate Control, Efficient Markets, and the Public Good, Martin Shubik
3. Fashions, Fads, and Bubbles in Financial Markets, Robert J. Shiller
4. Comment, Franklin R. Edwards
5. Comment, Michael A. Salinger
MANAGERIAL BEHAVIOR AND TAKEOVERS
6. Shareholders Versus Managers: the Strain in the Corporate Web, John C. Coffee, Jr.
7. Corporate Takeovers: Financial Boom or Organizational Bust?, Malcolm S. Salter and Wolf A. Weinhold
8. Comment, Victor Brudney
9. Comment: Golden Parachutes and Managers--A Risk-Neutral Perspective, Melvin A. Eisenberg
10. Comment: Shareholders and Managers--A Risk-Neutral Perspective, Oliver E. Williamson
EVIDENCE ON THE GAINS FROM MERGERS AND TAKEOVERS
11. Are Acquiring-Firm Shareholders Better Off after an Acquisition?, Ellen B. Magenheim and Dennis C. Mueller
12. Mergers and Managerial Performance, David J. Ravenscraft and F. M. Scherer
13. The Efficiency Effects of Hostile Takeovers, Edward S. Herman and Louis Lowenstein
14. Empirical Evidence on Takeover Activity and Shareholder Wealth, Richard Roll
15. Comment, Michael Bradley and Gregg A. Jarrell
16. Comment, Warren A. Law
MERGERS AND TAKEOVERS: TAXES, CAPITAL STRUCTURE, AND THE INCENTIVES OF MANAGERS
18. Taxation and the Dynamics of Corporate Control: The Uncertain Case for Tax-Motivated Acquisitions, Ronald J. Gilson, Myron S. Scholes, and Mark A. Wolfson
19. Taxes and the Merger Decision, Alan J. Auerbach and David Reishus
20. The Takeover Controversy: Analysis and Evidence, Michael C. Jensen
21. Comment, Richard S. Ruback
22. Comment, John L. Vogelstein
23. Comment, Elliott J. Weiss
24. Comment, Martin D. Ginsburg
LEGAL RULES, TAKEOVER STRATEGIES, AND DEFENSIVE TACTICS
25. The Pressure to Tender: An Analysis and a Proposed Remedy, Lucian Arye Bebchuk
26. Comparative Dimensions of Takeover Regulation, Deborah A. DeMott
27. The Regulation of Takeovers in Great Britain, Peter Frazer
28. Comment, Douglas H. Ginsburg
29. Comment, Marshall L. Small
30. Comment, Stanley Sporkin
ONE SHARE, ONE VOTE
31. Stock Exchange Rules Affecting Takeovers and Control Transactions, Joel Seligman
32. Organized Exchanges and the Regulation of Dual Class Common Stock, Daniel R. Fischel
33. Comment, Robert H. Mundheim
34. Comment, A. A. Sommer, Jr.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication:
Consolidation and merger of corporations.
Tender offers (Securities) -- United States.