Publisher description for Professional portal development with open source tools: Java TM Portlet API, Lucene, James, Slide (Wrox Press) / by W. Clay Richardson ...[et al.]..
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
* Portals provide a single, integrated point of access to business information for decision-making and collaboration, and are one of the fastest growing markets within IT
* A complete tutorial and reference guide to Jetspeed, Lucene, James, and other open source tools used to build and deploy J2EE portals
* Introduces readers to each open source portal server and tool and shows how to build and deploy portal applications
* Explains how to develop an effective browser environment and Web services for the portal
* Authors are experts in portals development with open source tools and supply code-intensive examples for building real-world portals applications
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Web site development, Open source software