Publisher description for Red Hat Linux 9 for dummies / by Jon "maddog" Hall and Paul G. Sery.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
* Linux is the most popular open source operating system; Red Hat has strong international distribution and, according to IDC, controls approximately 700f the Linux market in the United States
* Red Hat updates twice a year; this book shows Linux newcomers as well as users of earlier versions how to install, configure, and use the newest version
* Covers preparing the hard drive for Linux, connecting to a network or the Internet, working with the GNOME interface, playing media files, and working with the file system
* Features a new security chapter that shows how to implement firewalls and other basic and advanced systems
* CD-ROM includes Red Hat Linux 9 Publisher's Edition
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: