Publisher description for Mathematics : an applied approach / Abe Mizrahi, Michael Sullivan.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Making Math Relevant to the Real World The seventh edition lives up to its reputation as a clearly written, comprehensive finite mathematics and calculus text. Students will find a greater emphasis on real-world applications from the fields of business and social sciences, making the material relevant to their studies. From the increased use of boxed formulas to informative explanations of examples, Mizrahi and Sullivan make this edition even more accessible to students. Hallmark Features
* The comprehensive and readable coverage has received praise through six editions.
* The text is flexibly organized. A flowchart in the preface shows instructors how to sequence chapters to meet specific needs.
* Well-graded exercise sets at the end of each section help students gain a better understanding of the material.
* End-of-chapter study questions for review include true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions with answers.
* An abundance of realistic examples are provided that gradually increase in difficulty to develop conceptual understanding.
* Mathematical questions from CPA, CMA, and actuary exams show students the relevance of the material.
Also available by Mizrahi and Sullivan: Finite Mathematics: An Applied Approach, 8/E (0-471-32202-4)
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Business mathematics, Business mathematics Problems, exercises, etc, Social sciences Mathematics