Publisher description for On time within budget : software project management practices and techniques / E.M. Bennatan.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
A developer's survival guide packed with real-life case
studies, tips, techniques, and best practices for completing software projects on time and within budget
Whether you work at a large or small company, this book will provide you with expert, down-in-the-trenches tips, techniques, and strategies to deliver a software project in a cost-effective and timely way. Real-life case studies let you learn from the mistakes as well as the successes of others. Author E. M. Bennatan zeroes in on proven methods for avoiding bottlenecks and overruns at every step in the software development cycle--from cost estimating to product delivery.
The Third Edition of this bestselling guide routes you directly to what you need to know about:
* Managing both small and large projects in a distributed environment
* Common development problems and how to avoid them
* Preparing estimates and proposals and bidding for contracts
* Managing teams for maximum quality and productivity
* Proven scheduling and project development planning techniques
New to this edition:
* How best to ensure an effective relationship with customers
* Risk management and disaster prevention
* The pros and cons of acquiring custom software from outside suppliers
* Managing multinational projects
* How to save time by reusing software components
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Computer software Development Management