Publisher description for The analysis and design of linear circuits / Roland E. Thomas, Albert J. Rosa.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Learn Linear Circuits by Actually Designing Them! With more examples, problems, applications, and tools, the Third Edition of Thomas and Rosa's The Analysis and Design of Linear Circuits presents an effective learn-by-doing approach to linear circuits. The authors not only discuss Laplace transforms, new passive and active elements, time-varying circuits, and fundamental analysis and design concepts, they also provide valuable skill-building exercises and tools. Here's how Thomas and Rosa's learn-by-doing approach works:
* Apply concepts to practical problems. Throughout the text, the authors maintain a steady focus circuit design and include a greatly revised set of design examples, exercises, and homework problems.
* Master the most modern software tools. The new edition now covers five of today's most widely used programs: Excel (r), Matlab(r), Electronics Workbench(r), and PSpice(r).
* Explore real-world applications. The Third Edition now features many new real-world applications that are especially relevant to computer engineering, instrumentation, electronics, and signals.
* Build circuits you can use. The text's early coverage of the Ideal Op-Amp will help readers design practical interface circuits, instrumentation systems, and cascade filters.
* Evaluate competing designs. Thomas and Rosa show how to evaluate and select the best design from several correct approaches.
* Develop circuit analysis and design skills. The text provides many opportunities to apply Laplace and related tools such as pole-zero diagrams, Bode diagrams, and Fourier series. This constant exposure to analysis and design tools will build practical skills.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Electric circuit analysis, Electric circuits, Linear Design and construction