Publisher description for Aquatic chemistry : chemical equilibria and rates in natural waters / Werner Stumm, James J. Morgan.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The authoritative introduction to natural water chemistry THIRD EDITION
Now in its updated and expanded Third Edition, Aquatic Chemistry remains the classic resource on the essential concepts of natural water chemistry. Designed for both self-study and classroom use, this book builds a solid foundation in the general principles of natural water chemistry and then proceeds to a thorough treatment of more advanced topics. Key principles are illustrated with a wide range of quantitative models, examples, and problem-solving methods.
Major subjects covered include:
* Chemical Thermodynamics
* Solid-Solution Interface and Kinetics
* Trace Metals
* Acids and Bases
* Kinetics of Redox Processes
* Dissolved Carbon Dioxide
* Photochemical Processes
* Atmosphere-Water Interactions
* Kinetics at the Solid-Water
* Metal Ions in Aqueous Solution Interface
* Precipitation and Dissolution
* Particle-Particle Interaction
* Oxidation and Reduction
* Regulation of the Chemical
* Equilibria and Microbial Mediation Composition of Natural Waters
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Water chemistry