Publisher description for Stereochemistry of organic compounds / Ernest L. Eliel, Samuel H. Wilen ; with a chapter on stereoselective synthesis by Lewis N. Mander.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Stereochemistry of Organic Compounds The first fully referenced, comprehensive book on this subject in more than thirty years, Stereochemistry of Organic Compounds contains up-to-date coverage and insightful exposition of all important new concepts, developments, and tools in the rapidly advancing field of stereochemistry, including:
* Asymmetric and diastereoselective synthesis
* Conformational analysis
* Properties of enantiomers and racemates
* Separation and analysis of enantiomers and diastereoisomers
* Developments in spectroscopy (including NMR), chromatography, and molecular mechanics as applied to stereochemistry
* Conceptual foundations of stereochemistry, including terminology and symmetry concepts
* Chiroptical properties
Written by the leading authorities in the field, the text includes more than 4,000 references, 1,000 illustrations, and a glossary of stereochemical terms.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Stereochemistry, Organic compounds