Publisher description for Community participation methods in design and planning / Henry Sanoff.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The only how-to guide to community design written from the design professional's perspective.
In this groundbreaking guide to the increasingly important discipline of community design, a leading international expert draws upon his own experiences and those of colleagues around the world to provide proven tools and techniques for bringing community members into the design process successfully and productively. The first and only how-to guide on community design developed for design professionals, Community Participation Methods in Design and Planning features:
* Fifteen case studies chronicling community design projects around the world
* Coverage of educational facilities, housing, and urban and rural environments
* Design Games-a proven, culture-neutral approach to educating participants in their design options and the consequences of their choices
* Proven techniques for fostering community participation in the design process
* Checklists, worksheets, questionnaires, and other valuable tools
Community Participation Methods in Design and Planning is an indispensable working resource for urban designers and planners, architects, and landscape architects. It is also an excellent resource for students of those disciplines.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: City planning Citizen participation, Community development, Community organization, Architecture and society, Architecture Human factors