Publisher description for Environmental organic chemistry : illustrative examples, problems, and case studies / [edited by] Ren‚e P. Schwarzenbach, Philip M. Gschwend, Dieter M. Imboden.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
As the perfect complement to the highly acclaimed Environmental Organic Chemistry, this companion volume enriches the textbook with illustrative examples, applications, practical problems, and case studies. Expanded to include treatment of groundwater systems, rivers, and porous media, this work may also serve as a valuable stand-alone text/reference.
Keyed to related topics in Environmental Organic Chemistry, the support material provided in this book includes:
* Challenging problem sets
* Illustrative calculations that clarify the theoretical discussions in the text
* Case studies dealing with the integrative modeling of organic compounds in various aquatic systems
* Coverage of the basic concepts of modeling
* A review of current literature
* Meticulous cross-referencing to the equations, tables, and figures of Environmental Organic Chemistry
Environmental Organic Chemistry: Illustrative Examples, Problems, and Case Studies brings together theory and practice, while developing problem-solving skills and the critical use of sophisticated models-a valuable supplement to an outstanding text.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Organic compounds Environmental aspects Problems, exercises, etc, Water chemistry Problems, exercises, etc, Organic compounds Environmental aspects Case studies, Water chemistry Case studies