Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The fourth edition of this classic reference by Marshall Sittig presents concise chemical, health, and safety data for over 1,500 chemicals in the plastics, pharmaceutical/biotechnology, energy, cleaning solvents, agriculture and other industries. The chemicals are presented alphabetically and classified as a carcinogen, hazardous substance, hazardous waste, or toxic pollutant. Chemical data cover description, exposure limits, harmful effects, first aid, and storage among the other important information included to make appropriate response decisions. Highlights of the expanded information include:
A comprehensive CAS index with the new U.S., CAS, and RTECS numbers and the DOT ID for all chemicals listed.
- The EEC and EINECS international numbers.
- International regulatory authority references (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe federal and local levels).
- Chemical formulas.
- Detailed physical properties data.
- Chemical incompatibility information.
- Information about medical surveillance, respirator requirements, first aid, spill, fire and emergency response (including initial isolation and protection action distances), and disposal requirements.
- Greatly expanded chemical synonym and trade-name indexes, including international names.
- User-friendly synonyms listings with cross-references tied to the primary (generic) name.
- Characterizes over 1,500 regulated, important toxic chemicals in all major industries.
- Provides all new international regulatory references.
- Furnishes data on over 20 characteristics related to identifying, responding to, and protection from toxic chemical mishaps.