Publisher description for The Michaels book of arts & crafts / by Dawn Cusick & Megan Kirby.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
From Michaels--America's largest specialty retailer of arts and crafts merchandise and the place to get supplies for painting, floral and home decor, needlework, scrapbooking, and more--comes an extraordinarily big, beautiful, and encyclopedic collection of techniques and 175 projects. Whatever a crafter's pleasure, it is in here, from beading and woodworking to glass and fabric crafts. The 30 subject areas are divided into nine chapters that all feature a basic instructions section packed with plentiful color pictures and designer tips
five to ten projects
and a two-page spread of gallery photos of additional projects for inspiration. What's included in this unequalled treasure trove?
* Beading: wire and bead jewelry, wire crafting, and decorative beading
* Clay: polymer and bread dough
* Painting: stenciling, faux finishing, and gold leafing.
* Paper: memory books and cards, decoupage, rubber stamping
* Floral crafts: silk and dried flower arranging, potpourris and sachets.
* Glass: glass painting and etching.
* Home decorating: candlemaking and decorating (including gel) and soapmaking
* Wood: wood finishing and burning, plus clockmaking
* Fabric: painting on fabric, tie-die, and sun painting
An appendix covers basic materials and techniques. Whether you want more projects using your favorite craft, or are interested in learning a new one, this volume is a must-have.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Handicraft