Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
After sixteen printings in its first edition and two in this updated version, this bestseller remains America's most complete guide to the hidden asset that isn't taught in business schools -- the personal behavior that can make you or break you in today's competitive workplace. Letitia Baldrige takes the reader from the first interview and first day at work through all the complex knowledge we need to maneuver through the ranks and rise to the top.
WHAT THIS BOOK REVEALS:
* The ten major problems at work that never existed before, but which everyone from trainee to CEO must learn to handle today
* The twenty-four hallmarks of those who "work smart" today
* Which behaviors accepted a short time ago may spell disaster today
* The new codes concerning dress...language...socializing with colleagues...behavior when traveling and at conferences or meetings
* What degree of informality is acceptable today -- and with whom
* What you must know about the new manners relating to diversity...plurality...family values...sexual freedom...and substance abuse problems...about hiring and firing...and much more
* A total update on today's business entertaining, from lunch with a guest at your desk to planning parties for thousands
* Running meetings, from interoffice to international
* Corresponding in every form, from traditional to high-tech electronics...forms of address...Plus the hidden rituals of business life that a polished professional on the rise must learn to handle with poise and confidence
As life at work becomes increasingly pressured, everyone needs to know more about improving interpersonal relations. You'll learn exactly what to do, what to say, and how best to present yourself, from this extraordinary guide. Plus -- it's good reading!
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Business etiquette