Publisher description for The happy family : restoring the 11 essential elements that make families work / Linda and Richard Eyre.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
In their new book The Happy Family, NY Times #1 bestselling authors Linda and Richard Eyre argue that the social problems that are ravishing America--family breakups, escalating substance abuse, teen pregnancy--are the unfortunate result of hearts and minds turned away from the essentials of parenting, marriage and families. In this landmark work, the Eyres help parents to understand what is happening to their families and why parenting is so difficult today.
The eyres present powerful, practical parenting practices, including how to:
* Make a conscious recommitment to return your heart to the priority of marriage and family
* Teach understanding and discretionary use of the culture at large
* Reinvent time management with an emphasis on family
* Make communication your constant goal
* Create identity, security and motivation for children through family traditions and responsibilities
* Use "values therapy" in which the focus shifts away from wrong to the rewards and fulfillment of right.
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Family, Parenting