Publisher description for Essential mathematical methods for physicists / Hans J. Weber, George B. Arfken.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
This new adaptation of Arfken and Weber's bestselling Mathematical Methods for Physicists, Fifth Edition, is the most comprehensive, modern, and accessible text for using mathematics to solve physics problems. Additional explanations and examples make it student-friendly and more adaptable to a course syllabus.
· This is a more accessible version of Arfken and Weber's blockbuster reference, Mathematical Methods for Physicists, 5th Edition
· Many more detailed, worked-out examples illustrate how to use and apply mathematical techniques to solve physics problems
· More frequent and thorough explanations help readers understand, recall, and apply the theory
· New introductions and review material provide context and extra support for key ideas
· Many more routine problems reinforce basic concepts and computations
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Mathematical physics