Publisher description for Encyclopedia of separation science / editor in chief, Ian D. Wilson ; managing technical editor, Edward R. Adlard ; editors, Michael Cooke, Colin F. Poole.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The Encyclopedia of Separation Science is the most comprehensive resource available on the theory, techniques, and applications of separation science. The work presents information on three levels. The first volume contains Level 1, which provides a broad overview of the theory of the 12 main categories of separation techniques. Volumes 2-4 (Level 2) expand coverage with detailed theoretical and technical descriptions of particular techniques. The remaining Volumes 5-9 (Level 3) cover applications of these techniques from the micro to the macro, and also from the analytical laboratory bench to large-scale industrial processes. Volume 10 consists mainly of the index. Initial access to the online version offering extensive hypertext linking and advanced search tools is available with purchase. Ongoing access is maintained for a minimum annual fee.
The Encyclopedia of Separation Science is the first truly comprehensive work covering the whole of separation theory, methods, and techniques. This encyclopedia will be invaluable to researchers and professionals across a wide range of areas in academia and industry.
* Written by experts from both academic and industrial settings worldwide
* Includes 544 articles, covering 12 methods of separation:
* Ion exchange
* Mass spectrometry
* Membrane separations
* Particle size separation
* Allows easy access to the primary literature with further reading lists in each article
* Provides extensive cross-referencing (hyperlinks in the electronic version)
* Dedicates one entire volume to the detailed index
* Includes many figures and tables illustrating the text and a color plate section in each volume
* Initial access to the innovative online version included with purchase;Ongoing access is maintained for a minimum annual fee
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Separation (Technology) Encyclopedias