Publisher description for Principles of real analysis / Charalambos D. Aliprantis and Owen Burkinshaw.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
With the success of its previous editions, Principles of Real Analysis, Third Edition, continues to introduce students to the fundamentals of the theory of measure and functional analysis. In this thorough update, the authors have included a new chapter on Hilbert spaces as well as integrating over 150 new exercises throughout. The new edition covers the basic theory of integration in a clear, well-organized manner, using an imaginative and highly practical synthesis of the "Daniell Method" and the measure theoretic approach. Students will be challenged by the more than 600 exercises contained in the book. Topics are illustrated by many varied examples, and they provide clear connections between real analysis and functional analysis.
* Gives a unique presentation of integration theory
* Over 150 new exercises integrated throughout the text
* Presents a new chapter on Hilbert Spaces
* Provides a rigorous introduction to measure theory
* Illustrated with new and varied examples in each chapter
* Introduces topological ideas in a friendly manner
* Offers a clear connection between real analysis and functional analysis
* Includes brief biographies of mathematicians
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Mathematical analysis, Functions of real variables