Publisher description for Identifying marine phytoplankton / edited by Carmelo R. Tomas ; contributors, Grethe R. Hasle ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Identifying Marine Phytoplankton is an accurate and authoritative guide to the identification of marine diatoms and dinoflagellates, meant to be used with tools as simple as a light microscope. The book compiles the latest taxonomic names, an extensive bibliography (referencing historical as well as up-to-date literature), synthesis and criteria in one indispensable source. Techniques for preparing samples and containing are included as well as hundreds of detailed, helpful information. Identifying Marine Phytoplankton is a combined paperback edition made available by popular demand of two influential books published earlier--Marine Phytoplankton and Identifying Marine Diatoms and Dinoflagellates.
* Contains hundreds of illustrations showing critical characteristics necessary for proper identification, plus keys and other guides
* Provides up-to-date taxonomic revisions
* Includes species from around the world
* Updates synthesis of modern and historical literature presented by active researchers in the field
* Compiles literature from around the world into one handy source
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Marine phytoplankton Identification