Publisher description for Anesthesia and analgesia in laboratory animals / edited by Dennis F. Kohn ... [et al.].
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Anesthesia and Analgesia in Laboratory Animals focuses entirely on the special anesthetic, analgesic, and postoperative care requirements associated with experimental surgery. Sponsored by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine, this informative work provides the reader with agents, methods, and techniques for anesthesia and analgesia that ensure humane and successful procedural outcomes.
* Focuses on a wide variety of animal species used in research
* Provides a comprehensive overview of the pharmacology of anesthetics and analgesics
* Includes monitoring of analgesia and anesthesia
* Organizes topics by species for agents and methods of providing anesthesia, analgesia, and post-op care to animals
* No other American text is devoted entirely to this topic
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Laboratory animals Surgery, Veterinary anesthesia, Analgesia