Publisher description for Kinetics of soil chemical processes / Donald L. Sparks.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
The kinetics of reactions in soil and aquatic environments is a topic of extreme importance and interest. To properly understand the fate of applied fertilizers, pesticides, and organic pollutants with time, and to thus improve nutrient availability and the quality of our groundwater, one must study kinetics. This is the first compre
* Demonstrates different kinetic methodologies
* Shows how reactions on soil and soil constituents can be measured by utilizing different techniques
* Describes rates and mechanisms of interactions with pesticides and organic pollutants with soil
* Covers the kinetics of chemical weathering
* Discusses how to use mathematical modeling and computer simulation to model kinetic reactions
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Soil physical chemistry, Chemical kinetics