Publisher description for Database and data communication network systems : techniques and applications / edited by Cornelius T. Leondes.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Database and Data Communication Network Systems examines the utilization of the Internet and Local Area/Wide Area Networks in all areas of human endeavor. This three-volume set covers, among other topics, database systems, data compression, database architecture, data acquisition, asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) and the practical application of these technologies. The international collection of contributors was culled from exhaustive research of over 100,000 related archival and technical journals.
This reference will be indispensable to engineering and computer science libraries, research libraries, and telecommunications, networking, and computer companies. It covers a diverse array of topics, including:
* Techniques in emerging database system architectures
* Techniques and applications in data mining
* Object-oriented database systems
* Data acquisition on the WWW during heavy client/server traffic periods
* Information exploration on the WWW
* Education and training in multimedia database systems
* Data structure techniques in rapid prototyping and manufacturing
* Wireless ATM in data networks for mobile systems
* Applications in corporate finance
* Scientific data visualization
* Data compression and information retrieval
* Techniques in medical systems, intensive care units
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: