Publisher description for Matthews' plant virology.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
It has been ten years since the publication of the third edition of this seminal text on plant virology, during which there has been an explosion of conceptual and factual advances. The fourth edition updates and revises many details of the previous editon, while retaining the important older results that constitute the field's conceptual foundation.
Key features of the fourth edition include:
* Thumbnail sketches of each genera and family groups
* Genome maps of all genera for which they are known
* Genetic engineered resistance strategies for virus disease control
* Latest understanding of virus interactions with plants, including gene silencing
* Interactions between viruses and insect, fungal, and nematode vectors
* New plate section containing over 50 full-color illustrations
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Virus diseases of plants, Plant viruses, Plant viruses Control