Publisher description for An introduction to human resource management / John Stredwick.
Bibliographic record and links to related information available from the Library of Congress catalog
Information from electronic data provided by the publisher. May be incomplete or contain other coding.
Ideal for those studying HRM for the first time, this straightforward and accessible text takes the reader through both practical and theoretical aspects of the subject.
Designed to be used concurrently with semester based teaching, this interactive text has a coherent learning structure consisting of:
* Each chapter beginning with a set of aims to guide readers into each new learning section
* Activities and Review Questions for seminars or individual assignments
* A combination of real life and fictional case studies with activities to illustrate the range and nature of HR work and reinforce learning
* Legal issues and examples of the latest research are highlighted where appropriate to encourage awareness
* References, further reading and Internet sites
* A lecturer's supplement accompanies the text
Designed to be used in conjunction with the HRM module
Innovative use of a running case study throughout the text to illustrate key points
Inclusion of questions and activities to aid the learning process
Library of Congress subject headings for this publication: Personnel management